Explore a New Underwater World
With the Night Diver/Night and Limited Visibility Specialty Diver Course
2-3 Days, 2-3 Dives
Why would I want to take this course?
Night dives aren’t for everyone, but if you love them, you REALLY love them! They’re a whole different experience, where you can see plethora of life that’s different than what you’ll see during the day—including lobster, crab, shrimp, eels, octopi, jellyfish, and more.
Night dives provide us with a beautiful glimpse into bioluminescent life. And if there is low light from a new moon or an obscured moon, we can see the “strings of pearls” which are unique to the Bay Islands.
Prerequisites & Requirements
- Must be at least 12 years old (PADI)/10 years old (SSI)
- Adults (15+) must have their Open Water Diver Certification or be certified to dive to a maximum depth of 60 feet/18 meters
- Youth ages 10-14 must have their Junior Open Water Certification or be certified to dive a maximum depth of 40 feet/12 meters
- Requires reading course materials prior to instruction
- Course duration is 2-3 days
Night dives are an incredible experience. However, we are adding a massive complicating factor to our dive—we can’t see…
For this specialty, you’ll learn how to navigate all kinds of tasks and safety measures including:
- Reading your instruments
- Signaling other divers
- Margin for dive time and “low on air” level
- Depth limits
- Torch (light) use and backups
- Buddy separation
- Stress underwater
- Navigation, especially back to the boat
- Buoyancy to protect you and the reef
The Night Diver specialty requires multiple open water dives (2 for SSI and 3 for PADI).