Plan and Execute Deep Dives
With the Deep Diver Specialty Course
2-4 Days, 3-4 Dives
Why would I want to take this course?
Deep diving is one of the most popular and most useful specialties. The Deep specialty paired with Enriched Air/Nitrox, Wreck, and Advanced certifications, provide you with the tools to dive pretty much anything and anywhere you want, outside of technical diving.
This course will introduce you to elements of dive planning specific to executing deep dives.
You’ll learn about:
- Additional concerns to keep in mind when going deep
- How to amend your dive plan for deep dives
- What factors to manage to keep you safe
- Beneficial equipment to have available for deep dives
Prerequisites & Requirements
- Must be at least 15 years old
- Adults (15+) must have their Open Water Diver Certification or be certified to dive to a maximum depth of 60 feet/18 meters
- Requires reading course materials prior to instruction
- Course duration is 2-4 days
After reading the Deep Diver specialty material, you’ll complete a knowledge review with your instructor. then you’ll go through a dive briefing and some open water dives where you’ll practice some deep diving skills.
Then a more detailed dive briefing, then some dives with skills to practice.
The Deep Diver course includes 4 open water dives for PADI and 3 open water dives for SSI where you will go to a maximum depth of 130 feet/40 meters.